Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HE REIGNS!

Isn't it awesome how God moves? Even when we least expect it God is still evident in our world. I am encouraged that tomorrow (Thursday), I will have the opportunity to speak at Eisenhower High School to the Stand-UP group (this is a Christian Teen group that meets every Thursday for prayer, bible study and support). One of the teens in GAPP was able to make this happen by wanting to stand up for her faith daily.
As I think about the recent weeks it is awesome to me how God is moving in so many different lives, especially the lives of our teens. In addition to the above event, I am looking to help start a after-school bible study at Richmond high School. As one teen confessed to me, "my school really needs it!". If you are a teen reading this, pray and think of ways that God can use you to spread his word! And for both adults and teens alike, Believe in the Impossible!! If you are thinking about starting a bible study at your school, or just want to pray for your school daily, I would love to talk to you about it. This is such a testimony to this generation that is crying out for more than the temporary things that this world has to offer.
To illustrate this, during youth this week I used the example of 3 items. (1)a padlock. (2) moth balls, (3) can of spray paint. I asked the teens what do these items have in common. By the end of the message I told them they all preserve/protect something. That protection is only temporary, but the protection that God offers us is eternal, and will never fade away or get broken into.
Be in prayer for our future. That future is our youth! that God will continue to bring forth doers of his word. those that are not ashamed to raise the banner high and let the world know that HE REIGNS!!!!
PJ

No comments: