Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Blessings

Hey all,
Well what a wonderful time of year this is. As summer is in full effect (and my birthday approaching, July 19th:) It is always good to take some time of introspection. Upon returning from Family camp (and what a wonderful time that was). At lunch Shelly informed me that my sister had given her a video of my mom (Pamela) at a summer party before she passed away. I had not seen this video since it was taped in the summer of 2000. We prayed about it and sat down to watch.
What a wonderful thing to share together. It wasn't as hard to watch as I thought. As I looked on my mom's face there was a peace about her (the video occurred about 10 months before she died, and 2 months after accepting Jesus as her savior). It had been so long since I had seen her face, talking, etc.. but as the tears came I remembered how much I miss her. This was something awesome that I could share with my wife. We cried and prayed together the entire evening.
As I write this I think of the sadness, as we all do, but I also think of the celebration of her life and how one of my goals aside from seeing my savior is to see her again. I don't know what the summertime will bring for all of you. Whether it by vacations, mission trips, or just (as my teens like to say it) "sitting around" at home. Whatever it may be, enjoy good times with family and friends, and never forget how much of a blessing we can be to one another!

Praise: On June 29th I became an Uncle. My sister India had her baby! His name is Rodney James (RJ for short) and he weighed 8 pounds and 4 ounces. Mom and child are doing great. Thanks be to God, and thank you all who have been praying for her!

May God Bless you this week and Heaven Smile on you!
Pastor Jason

2 comments:

Halls said...

That video will be priceless. It is so true that we need to treasure each moment with family. How awesome to share that with your newly wed wife. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Doreen said...

what an awesome time to spend with your beautiful wife. It was great seeing you both at camp. You never did say goodbye to us Jason! (LOL)! We love you anyway.

Your muther!