Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hope to carry on

So for those of you who know me pretty well, you may know that the title of this blog is a song that lay close to my heart. It is one of the first Christian songs that I have ever heard.That is where my thinking is3 days before we celebrate the birth of our savior. My question to you, is do you have the hope to carry on.
It's funny that right after we celebrate Jesus' birthday, I am always left with at weird feeling between Christmas and New Years. No sooner does December 25th end, that we begin a rush toward New Years celebrations. I find myself out of sorts during this time (will be more interesting because this year I will be at the International Wesleyan Youth Convention in Orlando Florida:)
As I have been reading and praying over Luke 2, my prayer is that this Christmas season we all have the hope to carry on.
in Christmas Eve we will do one of my most favorite things at our Christmas Eve Service. We will have a candlelit ceremony. There is something peaceful about the lighting of candles, with the lights dim, focused in prayer and worship. It is a time that I love every year! So as we continue to march on, through the hustle and bustle, don't miss out on the Hope that Christ gives us to carry on!
Merry Christmas!
Pastor Jason

No comments: