Monday, November 3, 2008

One Year Later




Hey all,
It is unbelievable to me that on Nov. 17th I will be celebrating my one year anniversary being married to my darling bride Shelly. The adage, "Time flies when you are having fun", comes to mind. I am really excited, much like our honeymoon we will be going on a cruise with some close friends. We will be visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman Island, and Jamaica. What a welcome respite to all the goings on in the world around us (yes, even though I can't swim, I am excited!). As most of you will atest to it is nice to get away, especially with the one you love.

In addition this last weekend Shelly and I got to babysit my new nephew RJ. He is 3 months old and awesome! Kudos to all you parents and grandparents out there, my sister gave us a long list of things to keep an eye on with the baby. I hadn't realized how much goes into taking care of children, especially wee little ones (afterall in ministry I usually get them at age 11 or so:). So to all you who are raising or have raised kids, I praise God for you! Having RJ was just such a refreshing and enjoyable experience.

Many of you may know, but I believe wholeheartedly that RJ is here due to prayer. My sister was told that she could never conceive children. Due to the Power of Prayer from many people, I believe God granted us all this blessing. Don't you just love it when God shows up like that! He is truly an awesome God! May your week be filled with warm memories and good times, no matter what is going on in the world, we serve a gracious Lord who loves each and every one of you. And with Jesus Christ, "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE"!

Talk atcha when we return! Be praying for a safe restful time for us!
Pastor Jason






Shelly and RJ
RJ, PJ and India (sis/mom)

1 comment:

Joelle Lynn said...

you and Shelley look mighty comfortable with that Baby.......Have a great time on your cruise- tell our friends we will be praying for all of you to ENJOY! I am leaving for Hondurus Saturday so wave at me on your way past our island.....love you.