Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The one thing that I don't Question!

Hey all,
I hope this week finds you snowy but well. I was reading and preparing my message for this week and came accross 1 Thessolonians 3: 6-10. In it, you see the response to Timothy sharing the good news of Christ. It is really an awesome set of scripture when you stop to think of all the drama Timothy, much like Paul had to endure in this journeys.
I think to myself, the one thing that I don't want to ever Question is God's love for me. His infinite love, the love that is so characteristic in I Corinthians 13. That is the type of love that I want to share with people every week. I think that we all need to be reminded that, although we may mistakes, God forgives us in a way that is sometimes hard to understand. Because we live in such an unforgiving world that makes it that much harder.
Of any time of the year January and February are the hardest months for me to get through. I love Spring and Summer, and can even take Fall on a good day, but these months are what I like to call the Dog Days of Winter. Ironically, I find that I am more focused during these months as I read and pray over scripture, and now with the addition of my Life Journal, God has been giving me new insight into what I am reading. Isn't that just awesome how God works. I think of Timothy and what it must have been like for him to see just a glimpse of the spiritual fruit that (even for the smallest moment) was evident in the lives of the Thessalonians.
As we look at our families, and our friends my prayer is that each of us is willing to receptive to those moments of insight, and know that the one thing that we should never Question is that God will always be there!

May God bless you and heaven smile on you!
Pastor Jason

No comments: