Friday, February 15, 2008

Prayer and the Power of God

Well what an awesome week it has been in the Lord. Now, if you are reading this, and you were at GAPP last night, this will mean alot and become so much clearer. As you know, this week I have been wrestling with something spiritually. As I walk around the various schools, and in some of the people I meet, I was overcome with a sadness for those who are Lost and Don't know Jesus as their savior, and those who have walked away from Christ. I have had a number of sleepless nights this week, where God has prompted me to wake up and pray and read scripture. In the quietness I have waited for him to speak to me. Below I have detailed a God-sighting in my Life I pray that you are blessed and encouraged by this, (this means you GAPP:)
After such an awesome night in prayer at GAPP last night I arrived home, and as I prayed before I went to sleep I opened up my bible to Psalm 119, and began to pray scripture. Pray for my teens, and overall those that don't know Jesus as savior. WHAT A GRACIOUS GOD WE SERVE! I got a good nights sleep! I am convinced that the words of Psalm 119:105~~ "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" were mean't for me to read before I layed down. God answered my prayer in a way I did not expect. Ladies and Gentleman: He is Awesome!!!!! But you know what, it was not until I prayed on Thursday "Dear God, whatever this is I am going through, teach me, mold me (The Potter''s Hand). It wasn't about me asking "Why me", but total surrender to God. I know you may be thinking that is a dangerous prayer, and yes it was so hard for me to say, but praise God that I did. Giving up our burdens and concerns to Christ, total surrender is what we are called to do.
To many of the teens who surrendered something tyo God, or have been surrendering something this year. I encouraged you to keep on seeking God's will for your life. Let God arise and guide you through. Our God is THE God who saves!!!! He reigns now and Forever! Praise the Lord!
May God bless you and Heaven Smile on You!
Pastor Jason

Ps: I had a full night's sleep last night!

2 comments:

Eric Dresden said...

Jason, somehow you always find a way to help me through the difficult situations that I run into. Reading what you've put really gives me encouragement. I wish that I could be around for GAPP

Halls said...

Thank you for always praying for our teens. Love Ya, Donna