Thursday, February 28, 2008

Something Beautiful!

There is something beautiful about that first spark of Christianity for people. That is, when they come to the point of realizing the majesty of God.
In the old testament when you read of people like Moses, from the burning bush to the plagues to the Exodus from Egypt (see Exodus 1-20) I sometimes think to myself, "I wish God would show up in amazing ways like that". I mean who can deny a voice coming from a bush on fire, or 10 plagues that are obvious physical signs.
So thinking through further, (and you know that I love to do that), I wonder what miraculous signs of God are we missing as a community of people. Well, I go back to my first statement. There is something beautiful and miraculous about the person that has lived a life of Alcohol and Drugs that comes back to you. The recognizes that without God there is no satisfaction. With so many temporary fixes, I desperately desire that people latch on to the real thing.
You want more:
this morning as I woke up I heard birds chirpiong and as i looked outside the sun was sitting up there like a big bowl of yellow and orange fire. who made that happen? Sure scientist's will argue and debate atmospheric pressure, and the natural configuration of planets (I used to be a scientist so I could go on and on about how we try to figure out everything) but the bottom line is that it is God. He orchestrates a symphony of beauty every day and we go on in our own little world, with it's drama and trials and forget to acknowledge him. Just watch the trees will soon begin to flower, and the snow will be gone, the air will get warmer, and still we ignore him. We put God on the back burner for the things that are temporary.
I tell the teens each week, after reading a book that is awesome (so that means get a copy) called "It all goes back in the box",when all is set and done all the "toys" go back in the box. All the school drama, money, gf/bf, all those things that we think are more important will go back in the box so to speak. At that point we will stand before God. The things that God did in the bible are awesome and beautiful but don't think he is not working today!
Don't miss it people.
Don't miss the BEAUTY of each and every day.
Don't miss the BEAUTY that a true authentic relationship with God holds for you!

That is totally and truly something beautiful!
May God Bless You and Heaven Smile on You!
Pastor Jason

1 comment:

Pookylor said...

We love you Paster Jason!! Thank you for being so special!!! You are truly a Godsend!!
Mikayla and Family