Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Right Direction


Well this last week has been an interesting one. I spent a few days at the Willow Creek Youth Leadership Conference. What an awesome time! Just understanding the workings of the generation I minister too (that is funny in and of itself, because do we ever fully understand?). Hearing many youth pastors and teens speak of how God has been ministering to them was way cool. How we are all on a road and want to make sure we are going in the right direction.

As I think back on this week I remember a little box of Christian sayings that Shelly gave me when we dated. One that comes to mind is this, " Father, help me not to give up to quickly on those that I seek to influence toward your way"

What an awesome and profound prayer that is for each and every one of us. that is, the people we come into contact with every day are positively influence for Christ. I have kept that little card close to my heart for quite some time now and reflect back on it every now and again.

I think that in many of our undertakings we desire to do the right thing. We also desire to know that we are headed in the right direction. Children, want that assurance, teens want it, and adults want it too. that assurance is found in the salvation offered by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (I am hearing the song Blessed Assurance in my mind right now). That is what the world needs and that is what we need to "shine" for all those around us to see. Will the road be hard, yep, will people betray/hate us, yep, but the eternal reward and love that Jesus has for us should give us hope. And that Hope is what drives us into the arms of Jesus, the right direction revealed!


May God Bless you and Heaven Smile on ya!

Pastor Jason

No comments: