Friday, April 4, 2008

This is why we Praise Him!

God's word! I believe that it provides us the comfort and the safety that this world will never give us. Ephesians 5: 18-19 says it so eloquently as we are instructed to worship, " speaking to yourselves in Psalms, Hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord"
As I have said many times I am so stoked that each week I get to see teens lay all their cares down before God. Living out the words of Psalms 34:1. That is truly something beautiful. I had a teen come up to me last night at GAPP (Sr. High) and reveal to me how awesome it is that for at least 2 hours a week a youth group they can come and be themselves, not worry what people thought of them, etc.... I shared with her and I share with you, "YOU CAN HAVE THIS PEACE ALL THE TIME". I think we put God in a box in thinking that our weekly meeting, or Sunday morning is the only time to meet with God. In truth we have ALL ACCESS, ALL THE TIME!
In that same way it is time we mobilize and start talking to our friends and family about Our Great God. We come up with so many excuses. so many days are spent chasing obligations in nothing special seems to stand out as worth remembering. But think of the challenge of sharing the Hope of our Great God with everyone we come in contact with! That has ever been my challenge to the teens and to everyone I come in contact with.
One prayer that has been on my heart is this:
"Lord, it's so hard to pray for this world, this era, my family, my friends, the mistakes I make
They seem so big and so overwelming and complicated. Help us to know what and how to pray through your spirit"!
And that is where God will begin a work that you could never imagine!
May God bless you and Heaven smile on you all!!!
Pastor Jason

No comments: